This months delicious recipe from our man Tony at Tony’s Kitchen Secrets is Quick, Easy & Tasty. Perfect for those nights you need to whip up something last minute while still being able to enjoy the traditional flavours of Italy!
We give to you Pasta allÁmatriciana:
Ingredients for 4 people, or 2 people plus 2nds, 3rds
– 500g Bucatini, or spaghetti (400g is enough, but what do you do with the remaining 100g?)
– Olive oil (Optional)
– 180g flat fat pancetta (or guanciale if you can find it)
– 2 X 400g cans of italian chopped or peeled tomatoes (preferably neopolitan)
– 100ml dry white wine (Frascati is best, but any dry white will do)
– Good quality Pecorino cheese
– Fresh chili or chili flakes (optional)
Ok, lets get started, this will be ready in 15 minutes:
– Boil pasta in salted water until “al dente” then drain
*Add the salt to the water before the pasta so will absorb a bit of the salt while cooking*
Chefs Note: How to get someone to grate the pecorino for you…
Offer one of your guests some wine, and ask them to grate the cheese while you pour it for them
When pasta is ready:
– Scoop the pancetta back into the pan, & mix in 1/2 the grated pecorino
– Drain the pasta, add it to the sauce
– Sprinke with remaining pecorino & serve it from the pan at the table
Really, this is so tasty, and so simple, so no variations, can’t think of any!
– White: Frascati
– Red: Sangiovese
– Any other wine of your choice, really, any will do as long as you like it!
This is what it’s supposed to look like: