Happy Spring Everyone! It has been a while since we have sent in a post to tantilise your tastebuds, but we are here!
Tony from Tony’s Kitchen Secrets let us in on yet another one of his amazing recipes – let us know what you think!
This dish is so simple & so tasty!
Ingredients for 2 people
Pasta, 15 minutes
Sauce, 15 minutes
What you need:
– 300g spaghetti
– 1 Shallot
– 1 Clove of garlic
– 1 Sharp knife
– Olive oil
– 400g can of Italian chopped tomatoes
– 1 small jar of Italian Clams (vongole) in brine (approx 150 grams)
– Chopped parsely
– Salt & Pepper to taste
– Optional: 2 good quality anchovy fillets
– Optional: Handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
Now to the fun part:
– Boil pasta in salted water until “al dente” then drain, save some liquid when draining.
* Add the salt to the water before the pasta. Why? Just do it! *
While waiting for the pasta:
– In a saucepan, on low heat, warm up some olive oil
– Add optional anchovy fillets
– Add garlic and finely chopped shallot and cook until transparent
– Turn up heat, add clams, cook for 1 minute
– Add chopped tomatoes, remove garlic
– Add optional cherry tomatoes
– Bring sauce to boil and then turn down heat to a minimum
– Simmer for 5 – 10 minutes (until pasta is ready)
– Add salt & pepper to taste
Drain pasta & toss it into the sauce, garnish and chopped parsley & serve
Paring wine: Any dry white or light red