The story of our Fettuccini Cascina:
In 2012 when Alyssa Gray discovered a new Italian restaurant in Frankston, little did she know that one day she would be contributing to our menu. The Karingal woman began visiting us at FRATELLI almost immediately after we opened our doors.
At the time Alyssa had only just moved to the area and was looking for a good, family-run Italian restaurant. “Now we eat there all the time, I held my daughters 16th birthday party there” says Alyssa. After Ms Gray gave our head chef her recipe for a carbonara pasta with a twist, it quickly became a favourite and still is to this day.
Alyssa says “I like carbonara, but I also like veggies and FRATELLI always has plenty of fresh supplies that are locally bought”. Alyssa asked for the dish to be named after the Italian word for farmhouse and now Fettuccini Cascina is a staple dish on our main menu!
Part Owner Patrick Torcasio said that Ms Gray always ordered her special “Alyssa eats here at least three times a week”, “No one had ever requested this combination of ingredients, but we tried it and it is actually quite nice and enjoyable”
If you haven’t yet tried our Fettuccini Cascina, it is a must!
We thought what better way to share the love of FRATELLI and our passion for food, then to share this recipe with you all!
WHAT YOU NEED (serves 4):
– 1 brown onion, chopped
– 6-8 mushrooms sliced (more if you like)
– 1 chicken breast, roasted and sliced
– 1 handful of baby spinach
– 60g sliced semi-sundried tomatoes
– 1 cup of roasted pumpkin, chopped
– 3 spring onions, sliced
– Olive oil
– 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
– 700mls of cream
– 2 egg yolks, whisked
– 500g fettuccine (cooked)
– Grated Parmesan, to taste
– Shaved Parmesan, as required
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Add bacon, mushroom, chicken breast and garlic
– Deglaze with white wine then add pumpkin, spring onion and sun-dried tomatoes
– Add cream and then reduce slightly
– Add cooked pasta, spinach and grated parmesan
– Toss through
– Add egg yolks, toss again and serve
– Garnish with shaved parmesan